- Baseline carbon sequestration loss is 4.62 times greater than baseline forest conversion.
- Connecticut's Annual CO2 Emissions exceed foregone C sequestration due to land use change.
- Connecticut Forest Loss + 25 years biomass growth --> Foregone C sequestration > annual CO2
- Results indicate avoided deforestation through land preservation, compact development, or redevelopment can reduce C levels more cost effectively than many current emissions reduction proposals.
- Forest Preservation is Cost-competitive for CO2 Abatement.
|Transit modification strategies||$ pertCO2|
|- Reason Foundation||$4,257|
|- Moore, Staley & Poole||$833|
|- Victoria Policy Institute||$1,000|
|Bus rapid transit systems|
|- Los Angeles||$117|
|- Vancouver (Millard-Ball)||$3,238|
|Major road improvements|
|- (Reason Foundation)||$3,995|
|Concentrated solar in select sun-rich locations (CT State DEEP)||$52|
|Current nuclear competitive with coal/NG (MIT)||$27|
|RGGI auction 23 clearing price||$4|